Welcome to Woodfield Primary School
Dear Parents and Carers,
On behalf of all the staff, governors, children and families of Woodfield, I warmly welcome you to our school. Woodfield is a friendly and industrious school, where we place the highest priority on our children’s happiness, academic achievement and personal development. Our school motto of ‘Challenging, Caring, Celebrating Success’ encapsulates our approach, and our school values are underpinned by the principles of Growth Mindset. We encourage a ‘can-do’ attitude towards all activities and aim to develop in our children a self-belief, self-reliance and positive approach towards all that they encounter. We believe that mistakes are learning opportunities and do not shy away from challenging ourselves and others, in order to develop the skills that are needed to support our children of today to be the citizens of tomorrow. All of this is done within a friendly, supportive, open environment where children are encouraged to be the very best that they can be. We value our partnerships with families, recognising that parents are children’s first and primary educators, and absolutely key to children’s future success.
I hope you are able to get a flavour of our school from our website. Please do not hesitate to contact our friendly, professional team by email at email@example.com or on 01942 243675 if you require any further information.
Miss A Prior
- This year's disco referred to in the school planner is no longer going ahead.
- Year 2 are holding their Friday Friendly Fundraiser to raise monies towards their enrichment activities.
- Dolce are providing a special menu to celebrate the forthcoming Winter Olympics
- Due to unforseen circumstances, tonight's Netball training session has been cancelled.
- Please pre-order your child's lunch via School Grid
Latest School Events, Sports Events
- NSPCC Number Day04Feb2022
Non Uniform day - please wear something "number themed" eg sports top with number on etc
- International Polar Bear Day18Feb2022
The day will be a non-uniform day and children are asked to wear something white (preferably furry or fluffy) to support WWF, in exchange for a donation (suggested £1). We invite you to join us in making it an extra-special day for polar bears by taking part in our Thermostat Challenge– it’s simple: by turning your heating down a little to burn less oil, you are reducing global warming.
- Spring Half Term21Feb2022